AGES 8 TO 14 RECOMMENDED
Available for a limited time only! Buy all books & short stories written by Kirsten & Aiyven and SAVE!
The bundle includes the following paperbacks by Kirsten Mbawa:
- Sagas of Anya (Novel with bookmarks & Postcard): A fantastic historical fiction debut charting the highs and lows of Welsh teen Anya as she gets shipped off to London to work as a scullery maid at Tippetts House for the nasty housekeeper, Mrs Axton after her Mam dies and her Tad takes to drink. Comes signed with a bookmark and postcard
- Focenia (Short Story): A gripping read from the very first word, Focenia's story in fox-worshipping Vultopia will keep you wanting and asking for more.
Let me Bee Me (Short Story): A fun and heart-breaking story about Zzzavier, a bee on a mission to prove to everyone including his own family and those silly bullies that there is nothing wrong with being a different kind of bee.
- My Easter Bunny From Hell (Short Story): Abidemi finally convinces her cheapskate mum to buy her plush bunny for Easter. Is this unusual looking bunny from Maisons just a toy or is it something more dire than that..?
- Bih's Christmas (Short Story): Follows 9 year old Bih through Christmas Day preparations and festivities in Boyo, Cameroon. There’s clothes, presents and the excitement of Christmas preparation. But there’s also exhausting church services and a bossy older sister to work around. What antics will Bih pull to keep this day special?
- Superhero. (Short Story): Max comes from a family of supers. Superheroes that is. Dad has super strength. Typically, mum can teleport, Clair, his older sister, can make things appear just by thinking about them and his younger brother Blake can shoot laser beams from his eyes! Trouble is, Max is just Max. he wonders if he can really become a superhero? Or is he just destined to rot away playing Modern Warfare?
Melody (Short Story): The Bene's have a dark secret tradition. One they've kept for years. How is it that music can be a lethal weapon. Delve into Melody, the fantasy adventure short story to find out how.
And the following paperbacks by Aiyven Mbawa:
- Land of the Nurogons (Novel with bookmarks & Postcard): Hayden Smith had never considered himself to be The Chosen One! Well, not until he fell into a parallel dimension which he came to love only to find out ONLY him could lead the quest to save it from peril at the hands of the evil Sosiri.
- 101 Rules to Owning a Long Necked Friend (Short Story): Owning a friend is not so unusual but when you own an unusual friend whose protection and life depend on you it makes life at home just that bit much tricky. Malia and Iji have been friends for a long time but with so many adversaries and external influences, will their friendship stand the test of time?
- The Girl Who Hated Easter (Short Story): Angel has hated Easter for as long as she can remember. Christmas? Yeah! Birthdays? Whippee! Easter? She wants nothing to do with it. But when she receives a visit from an ominous figure, she comes to terms with the true reason behind her on-going hatred for what should be a time of hope. Will Angel find a solution, a reprieve from her disgust for Easter? Dive into this Easter story featuring diverse characters to find out.
- The Bang (Short Story)
- Different Ability Diana (Short Story): Diana has always been told to aim for the sky, but when she looks up, all she sees is an endless galaxy of scrambled letters and disappointed teachers. At many points, Diane feels she can't win with dyslexia "weighing her down". However, she finds a way to soar through incorrect punctuation and dancing words to use her supposed disadvantage to save others.
- The Diary of Catherine Howard (Short Story): Catherine Howard was the fifth wife of Henry VIII. They married on 28 July 1540, just three weeks after the king's brief marriage to Anne of Cleves was annulled. The union between Henry and Catherine ended in tragedy. This story story is a diary account from Catherine's perspective following their nuptials and in the run up to her bloody end.
- No Year's Eve (Short Story): What’s the point? What’s the point of New Years’ Eve? I mean, it’s just an opening to another miserable year of school and homework and weekends that seem to zoom by – it doesn’t do good to anyone. At least that’s what Serilda thinks. However, soon Serilda discovers there is much more to this festivity than she believes and decides she must change her ways. And a good job she did – would you like to be a ghost for the entirety of your life?
- The Bang: The Bang, a piece of drama was Aiyven's short story for November's Box, Diverse Mysteries. Fast pace, funny and enthralling as per Aiyven's usual style of writing, you'll be sucked into Zayn & Alison little family and how things unfold until they experience...THE BANG!