Happier Every Chapter for Schools, Local Authorities & Corporates
- Are you a Teacher or Head Teacher looking for resources to enhance wellbeing and the literacy curriculum so you can meet strategy aims or teaching priorities for looked after children?
- Are you a Local Authority seeking ways to better the welfare support provided to children on the edge of care or improve post-adoption support?
- Is your Corporate committed to literacy promotion as a way to exercise their Diversity, Equality & Inclusion initiatives and inspire the younger generation?
According to research, almost 400,000 (1 in 8) children in the U.K. do not own a single book. The Book ownership and reading outcomes report found that children who own a book are 15 times more likely to read above the level expected for their age, so book ownership is pretty important.
Not only that, stats around diversity in children's books are worrying. The CLPE Reflecting Realities Report of 2020, found that only 5% of children’s books published in 2019 had a black, Asian or minority ethnic main character, despite 33.5% of school children being of black Asian or minority ethnic origins. In other words, an animal or an in-animate object is 38% more likely to be featured as a main character in a children's book!
Help us make reading for pleasure cool again with kids and while we are there, improve diversity awareness. Happier Every Chapter, our subscription box service caters for 8-14 year olds (Key Stage 2 / Second Stage (Scotland) & Key Stage 3 / Third Stage (Scotland)) with one off boxes for 4-7year olds. Our themed monthly boxes are shipped to the school or designated address between12th - 15th of each month, addressed to the child. Boxes:
- 2 bestselling books (one of which is a diverse read)
- 2 new short stories written by us
- Activity Sheets
- Exclusive Author Goodies
- 4-6 Lifestyle items
- Access to a community for author interviews, competitions, discounts etc
There are 3 plans to choose from:
- Junior Box for 4 - 7 year olds (excludes short stories)
- Tween Box for 8 - 12 year olds
- Teen Box for 13 - 14 year olds
The impact of feeling remembered is huge, more so to kids in care. Head teachers can utilise Our one-off boxes make ideal birthday gift.
With pre-paid plans ranging from £65 - £239 and subscription terms from 3 - 12 months, there is something to fit every need. Subscriptions can be for as few or as many children as you'd like and schools / Local Authorities can use the Pupil Premium Plus for children who are looked after and Pupil Premium for other vulnerable children to subscribe.
We also currently offer virtual author visits for subscribing schools as a way of supporting Peer Assisted Learning or Peer-2-Peer motivation. During these visits, we do talks on literacy, creative writing and our work to promote diversity. Feedback indicates these visits go a long way to boost morale and provide inspiration.
Don't forget to contact us @ email@example.com or 07949820944 if you have any questions.