Schools, Local Authorities & Corporates
Not only that, stats around diversity in children's books are worrying. The CLPE Reflecting Realities Report of 2020, found that only 5% of children’s books published in 2019 (8% in 2020) had a black, Asian or minority ethnic main character, despite 33.5% of school children being of black Asian or minority ethnic origins. In other words, an animal or an in-animate object is 38% more likely to be featured as a main character in a children's book!
- Are you a Head/Teacher keen for your school to become an outstanding reading school by enhancing literacy outcomes, diversity & inclusion awareness?
- Are you a school or hospital librarian wanting to breath life into your book collection?
- Are you a Virtual School or Pupil Referral Unit Head seeking ways to better the academic, social mobility, language and communication potential of the children in your care using their pupil premium allocation?
- Are you a Local Authority wanting to use Pupil Premium to better the welfare and support provided to looked after children or those at the edge of care?
- Is your Corporate organisation committed to literacy promotion as a way to improve social mobility and exercise the commitment to Diversity, Equality & Inclusion initiatives?
If you have answered yes to any of the questions above, we'd be more than happy help with your reading related woes.
Help us change the stats above and make reading for pleasure cool again and while we are there, improve diversity awareness too.
Happier Every Chapter, our book subscription service for 4-14year olds delivers delivers diverse book bundles to schools and academies at regular intervals or themed monthly boxes. Boxes are shipped to the school or a designated address between12th - 15th of each month for GDPR purposes and typically include 1 or 2 books (including a diverse read), 2 short stories, themed/curriculum linked activity sheets and 4 gift items. Visit our Schools & Corporate page to find out more about other options we have on offer.
Contact us @ firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0) 7949 820 944 if you have any questions.